Sunday, April 15, 2018

my favourite things/amazing grace stories



amazing
this grace

but today I heard it differently

it was a sermon
at the Army church

after a weekend of learning together
the students performed for us
their giftings varied
and finely honed

and from Toronto
a speaker talked of
all the 'amazing grace stories'
filling our sanctuary

and I  thought for a moment of heaven
and how eternity would be filled with 'amazing grace stories'
all of us laying down our crowns for the One
the One...
the One worthy of these amazing grace stories
and I wept for the joy of it
how comforted He will be one day
to know we count Him worthy
of this honour

we will never tire of  hearing 
the stories 
from each soldier
each child
each one known 
before conception 
by the One
who so freely
bestowed
on us 
this 
amazing 
grace

For Him it was costly
more than we will ever understand

but 
joy will 
be His
on the day
we all
recollect to the Father
our
'amazing grace stories'

I long to see His face

my favourite things


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this was beautiful. I long to see His face also.

    His Grace is a wonderful thing.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad your heart is also full of this longing~ we will rejoice together on that great and glorious day

      Delete
  2. I love your words. “For the joy set before Him, Jesus endured the cross” Hebrews 12:2. It is time for Him to have joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How glad I am that His Spirit bears witness with our spirits that we are the children of God. Love you my friend.

      Delete